I finally got a chance to finish up the documentation on some of the new feature enhancements and bug fixes for both ghettoVCB and ghettoVCB-restore this weekend. One of the biggest change is both ghettoVCB and ghettoVCB-restore are now bundled together and ghettoVCB-restore is now being version controlled on github just like ghettoVCB. This has been on the backlog for awhile and I am sorry it took this long to get implemented.
Here are the release notes for the enhancement/fixes for both ghettoVCB + ghettoVCB-restore. Hope you enjoy these updates and if you have any issues, please report them on the ghettoVCB VMTN group.
- ghettoVCB & ghettoVCB-restore is now packaged together and both scripts are versioned on github
- ESXi 5 firewall check for email port (Check FAQ #33 for more details)
- New EMAIL_DELAY_INTERVAL netcat variable to control slow SMTP servers
- ADAPTER_TYPE (buslogic,lsilogic,ide) no longer need to manually specified, script will auto-detect based on VMDK descriptor file
- Using symlink -f parameter for quicker unlink/re-link for RSYNC use case
- Updated documentation, including NFS issues (Check FAQ #19 for more details including new VMware KB 1035332 article)
- vSphere 4.1 Update 2 introduced new vim-cmd snapshot.remove param, this has now been updated in script to detect this new param change
- Support for ESX(i) 5.0
- Combined ghettoVCB + ghettoVCB-restore scripts
- ghettoVCB-restore is now versioned on github