- vCenter Operations Manager 5.6
- vCenter Configuration Manager 5.6
- vFabric Hyperic 5.0
- vCenter Infrastructure Navigator 2.0
- vCenter Charge Back Manager 2.5
You have the option of exporting all virtual machines from a given vCenter Server or filter out a subset of the virtual machines by navigating to a specific object using the object navigator in the vSphere Web Client. In the screenshot below, I would like to export all virtual machines that VIN is collecting for a particular vSphere Cluster, so I select the Virtual Machines in that Cluster on the left and then select the Manage tab and then click on Application Services.
Note: If you filter the list of virtual machines using the Filter box, the export will still capture all virtual machines under this view. If you wish to capture a specific set of VMs, you will need to use the object navigator to filter out the specific objects before exporting.
To export the application dependency maps from VIN, you will need to be in the context of an individual virtual machine and again under Manage tab and then click on Application Services. The map export button is located right next to the zoom in/out option in the upper right corner as shown in the screenshot below.
One additional note that I would like to point out, the data being exported to CSV does not capture all the application details such as the services, ports, processes, etc. that you might see from the VIN UI. If you wish to extract all this information from VIN for your own use, you can do so by taking a look at the following articles:
- Extracting Information from VIN (vSphere Infrastructure Navigator) Part 1
- Extracting Information from VIN (vSphere Infrastructure Navigator) Part 2
- Alternative Way of Extracting VIN (vSphere Infrastructure Navigator) Information