For customers looking to Automate the latest release of Site Recovery Manager 6.0 / 6.1 with an Embedded vPostgres DB, you may have found that my previous deployment scripts for SRM 5.8 no longer work with the latest release. The reason for this is that SRM 6.x now supports the Platform Services Controller (PSC) and in doing so, there are a couple of new silent installer flags that are now required. With the help of the SRM Engineering team, I was able to modify my script to include these new options for automating the silent installation of both SRM 6.0 and 6.1. You can download the new script called install_srm6x.bat.
Before using this script, I highly recommend that you take a look my previous article here which provides more details on how the script works in general.
There are 5 new silent options that have been introduced with SRM 6.x which are all required:
- PLATFORM_SERVICES_CONTROLLER_HOST - The hostname of the Platform Services Controller
- PLATFORM_SERVICES_CONTROLLER_PORT - The port for the PSC, default is 443 (recommend leaving this the default)
- PLATFORM_SERVICES_CONTROLLER_THUMBPRINT - PSC SSL SHA1 Thumbprint (Must be in all CAPS)
- SSO_ADMIN_USER - The SSO Administrator account (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- SSO_ADMIN_PASSWORD - The SSO Administrator password
In addition to the above options, you will still need to populate the following options below and the script outlines which options need to be modified before running the script.
- SRM_INSTALLER - The full path to the SRM 6.x installer
- DR_TXT_VCHOSTNAME - vCenter Server Hostname
- DR_TXT_VCUSR - vCenter Server Username
- DR_TXT_VCPWD - vCenter Server Password
- VC_CERTIFICATE_THUMBPRINT - vCenter Server SSL SHA1 Thumbprint (Must be in all CAPS)
- DR_TXT_LSN - SRM Local Site Name
- DR_TXT_ADMINEMAIL - SRM Admin Email Address
- DR_CB_HOSTNAME_IP - SRM Server IP/Hostname
- DR_TXT_CERTPWD - SSL Certificate Password
- DR_TXT_CERTORG - SSL Certificate Organization Name
- DR_TXT_CERTORGUNIT - SSL Certification Organization Unit Name
- DR_EMBEDDED_DB_DSN - SRM DB DSN Name
- DR_EMBEDDED_DB_USER - SRM DB Username
- DR_EMBEDDED_DB_PWD - SRM DB Password
- DR_SERVICE_ACCOUNT_NAME - Windows System Account to run SRM Service
Note: If you deployed either your vCenter Server or PSC using FQDN, be sure to specify that for both DR_TXT_VCHOSTNAME and PLATFORM_SERVICES_CONTROLLER_HOST. This is a change in behavior compared to SRM 5.8 which only required the IP Address of the vCenter Server.
If you run into any issues, you can take a look at the logs that are generated. From what I have seen, you will normally get a 1603 error code which you need to step back through the logs and eventually you will see the actual error.