virtuallyGhetto is a personal blog about virtualization maintained by William Lam. It primarily focuses on VMware Automation, Integration and Operations for the everyday virtualization administrator. In addition to these topics, William also provides many tips and tricks for the various products within the VMware portfolio. virtuallyGhetto has been voted in the top 5 virtualization blogs on vsphere-land.com from 2014-2016 as well as the #1 scripting blog for the past 5 years straight.
I am currently a Staff Architect II working within the VMware R&D organization. I primarily focus on Automation, Integration and Operation of our Software Defined Datacenter (SDDC). I work closely with various engineering teams within VMware to help provide early feedback on usability, design and architecture. Lastly, through customer interactions and feedback I continue to help champion their challenges and needs to help further improve our products.
- VMware vExpert 2009-2017
- VMware vSAN vExpert 2016
- VMware VCAP4-DCD (#93)
- VMware VCAP4-DCA (#6)
- VMware VCP5 (#22898)
- VMware VCP4 (#22898)
- BizTech Top 50 IT blogs 2014
- DNSStuff Top 50+ Tech Influencers and Thought Leaders 2016
- The Top 50 Overall VMware Influencers 2017
- Top 25 Virtualization Blog 2017 on vsphere-land.com (Voted #1)
- Top 25 Virtualization Blog 2016 on vsphere-land.com (Voted #2)
- Top 25 Virtualization Blog 2015 on vsphere-land.com (Voted #2)
- Top 25 Virtualization Blog 2014 on vsphere-land.com (Voted #2)
- Top 25 Virtualization Blog 2013 on vsphere-land.com (Voted #6)
- Top 25 Virtualization Blog 2012 on vsphere-land.com (Voted #8)
- Top 25 Virtualization Blog 2011 on vsphere-land.com (Voted #25)
- Top Scripting Blog on vsphere-land.com from 2013-2017
- VMTN Community Warrior 2017
- What Does It Mean to Be a Tech Influencer? on dyn.com
- Top 50 Most Influential Blogs and Thinkers in Cloud Computing 2018
If you wish to advertise on virtuallyGhetto, you may do so via the self-service portal provided by BuySellAds here.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are my own and does not reflect the views and opinions of my employer.