With all the new awesome capabilities that have been introduced in vSAN 6.6, there is just as much Automation goodness that will be available for our customers to consume to help them easily mange and operate at scale.
vSAN Management 6.6 API
Below are all the new Managed Objects that have been introduced in the new vSAN Management 6.6 API. This does not even cover all the new methods or object types. For the complete list of vSAN 6.6 APIs, be sure to check out the vSAN Management 6.6 API Reference Guide here.
- VsanVcsaDeployerSystem – Virtual Center Service Appliance deployment APIs onto vSAN datastore, operating at both vCenter Server and ESXi Host sides
- VsanVdsSystem – vSAN system optimized VDS related operations, especially migrations from VSS to VDS
- VsanUpdateManager – VIB installation engine operating at vSAN cluster level (optimized for vSAN clusters)
- VsanCapabilitySystem – APIs to query vSAN capability, available on both vCenter and ESXi
- VsanMassCollector – vSAN system management query API’s to access data and managed object properties, operating at a vSAN Cluster level in vCenter Server only
- VsanPhoneHomeSystem – vSAN online health related query API, operating at a vSAN Cluster level in vCenter Server only